Electricians Near Me: 5 Tips to Find the Best Electrician in NEW JERSEY.
When you Google “electricians near me” you’re likely to get a long list, the first half of which are just paid advertisements. How do you really know which one on the list is the right electrician to handle your job efficiently, safely and up to the highest quality standards? Scroll straight to JDM Electrical Contractors and you know you’re getting the best electrician in Central & South Jersey. We have provided more than a decade of 5-star service for our residential and commercial clients. Whether you’re dealing with a blown circuit, major electrical repairs, remodeling or anything else that deals with electricity, we’ll make sure your lights are on when you need them.
We know that running a search through Google, the Yellowpages, Superpages or any other search engine for electrical contractors near you can yield confusing results that don’t always provide what you’re looking for. So we hope you’ll find these 5 tips for finding the right local electrical contractor helpful:
1. Check how many years they’ve been one of those electrical contractors near you this isn’t to say that new electricians are bad, it’s just that they may be inexperienced for what you need. And because safety is such a huge issue when it comes to the electricity in your home, you really want to choose one of the electrical contractors near you that have been working in the area for several years. They understand the local building codes and have seen and experienced working in many different homes in the area. And if they’ve been in business for several years, it’s a clear sign their customers trust and have been happy with their work. JDM Electrical Contractors have been an NJ electrician for over 10 years, keeping homes and families safe and powered up with trusted electrical work since 1986.
2. Do these electricians have ratings and reviews you can verify? Naturally, you should ask family and friends about their trusted local electricians to double-check your online search for electricians near you. But while you’re online, there are some other good resources to check to see what other customers have experienced with the local electricians on the list. Focus your search for reviews on targeted, reputable review sites like Google & HomeAdvisor and also check whether your NJ local electricians have any awards for excellent service and quality.
3. Investigate electrical contractors near you using these 3 questions: There are three major things you’ll want to check, either by reviewing their online ratings, talking with friends and family, or calling those top electrical contractors in person and asking them some searching questions. You can’t always get the answer to these questions from a Google search, so deeper digging is important here:
- About that safety record—This is always the most important question to find out about before having any electrical work done. The ratings and reviews on the aforementioned websites can help, but always ask for references when you ask for bids from those local electricians too. If they hesitate to provide references, that’s a red flag.
- Licensed, bonded and insured—In NJ, electricians are required to meet certain standards and re-certify their qualifications on a regular basis. This is how they maintain their licenses with local and state authorities, and it’s an important piece of information for you. Also, it’s important they carry workers’ comp insurance for their employees, general liability (for you) and that all of their equipment and vehicles are insured too. Insist upon seeing these credentials for any electricians on your list.
- National Electrical Code compliance—Electrical and building codes change frequently. Are the “electrical contractors near me” whom you are investigating in compliance with all of these latest codes? They must be in order to maintain their licenses to work in New Jersey.
JDM ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS is licensed, bonded and insured to work in NJ & PA and regularly re-certified and has its electricians continue regular training to stay up-to-date on all the latest local and national building codes. Contact us if you have any questions about this: 609-989-8097
4. Do the electricians provide the right services? Not all electricians provide a complete, well-rounded slate of standard electrical services. Some specialize only in specific areas. So, closely examine their service list to determine if they provide what that you need. When you search for “electricians near me”, make sure to go over their list to find out if they will be able to expertly perform a safe and complete electrical upgrade on your home, as well as repairing outlets, installing light fixtures and upgrading your home to be up to NEC code.
5. What is on the bids from your “electrical contractors near me” list? Naturally, it’s best to request bids from a few of the different “electrical contractors near me” on your list. A range of bids will help you get an idea of what’s reasonable. But not all bids are created equal. The best electrician will spend considerable time examining your home and what electrical issues you have before ever writing up an estimate. Once they do create an estimate, it will be very detailed and transparent about every piece of equipment and every activity they expect to perform on your project. While there can be unexpected situations, the best electrician in Central & South Jersey will do everything to minimize surprises and be very clear about the job at hand. So, question anything on a bid that isn’t clearly spelled out or seems vague.
The Best Electrician in Central & South Jersey! If you go through these 5 tips to discover the best electricians near you in Central & South Jersey, we’re confident JDM Electric will be at the top of your list. Our bids are famously detailed, we consistently earn 5-star ratings from our customers, and continue rigorous training for all of our employees. We consider our customers like family and do everything in our power to make sure you have power—safely and promptly. So, contact us today for a free estimate: 609-989-8097.
We look forward to hearing from you!